Friday, April 16, 2010

Good News and Bad News - a day of mixed blessings

Well, it's been quite a week...I subbed on Monday which was unexpected and will add a day to my not-great totals for March/April. Thank you, Windy Gap! Then I started my tutoring on Tuesday and have done that every day the rest of the week. The hours are great - 10 to 3 p.m.! Thank you, Glade Hill Elementary! I love the children and am working with some I worked with last year, so that's a real bonus. This job will continue until I start my long-term sub in the next couple of weeks.

Now for the bad news....just talked to my mother and she's having trouble with her eyes. She suffers from glaucoma and has for quite awhile now, but has always been able to manage the pressure in her eyes until now. This morning at her dr. app't the pressure was quite high in both eyes, so she's on new meds and goes back on Monday. Hopefully, the new meds will help reduce the pressure. Prayers for her, please!

Now for the good news...just heard from an old friend I had lost touch with last summer! She's been going through hard times and I've been worried about her. Thanks be to God she's alright, even though she's not in a good situation. It was so good to hear her voice! We are "astrological twins" as we were born on the same day and year! Our friendship goes back to 1981 which, heavens! is almost 30 years!! Yikes! Can't believe it's been that long!

More good news...talked to someone at school today and chances are there may be a position open for my particular "talents"...keep all fingers and toes crossed!

As you can see - quite a mixed day, which I guess describes a lot of days, huh? Thus endeth my sermon for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment