Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My every-day, hum-drum life

Catchy title, isn't it?? But there are some people in this household who will not leave me alone unless I post something and it's not her father...that narrows it down...

My husband has a blog on which he posts what happens on an almost daily basis. He's a busy guy around the farm and has a great sense of humor, so his blogs are generally enjoyable and interesting. I, on the other hand, don't normally post unless I have something significant to say - a point I cannot get across to my dear daughter! However, I will endeavor to make this blog somewhat interesting...

OK, today (and the last couple of days) has been super hot and humid. Since we have no AC in the house (yes, you heard me - no AC in the house), we survive with fans....most of the time. Today was one of those days when even a fan didn't really do it! Thankfully, this afternoon has been less humid - WHEW!

Today was designated "trash day" by me, so this morning Gill and I loaded up the truck (and we moved to Beverly...no, not quite!) with stuff that I've been wanting to get rid of for months. We didn't get rid of everything, but the majority is gone! YAHOO! There always seems to be something that needs doing around here, which I am sure is a common complaint for most people who own or rent houses.

Let's see, what else...Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow night and goes through Saturday. I have been working to learn the songs I will be teaching - not an easy thing as they all come with movements. The movements make the song more interesting, but also more complex, since you have to remember the music, words, AND movements! However, the children seem to like doing it this way and the movements seem to help them remember the words better - or at least, I hope they do!

Another project I have been working on at home is going through my dresser. Those who know me best know that I have a hard time throwing things away...I still have Christmas cards from the 70's, for example! I have found several interesting items which will be shared with my boys when they come to see me, along with stuff I didn't even remember having, much less saving! For example, I forgot that for a while, I saved every Dave Barry column that was in the Sunday paper in Richmond...yep, I did! Maybe I can get a spot on "Hoarders" or one of those awful reality shows!

Well, my imagination is running low and it's about supper time. You'll hear from me next time only when I have something to say that's worth reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment