Monday, November 7, 2011

Stick a fork in me - I'm done!

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted (I can hear my children yelling "Yeah, MOM!") so I decided I would write one more self-pitying, poor-me blog about my quest for a teaching job and then be done with it.

About a month ago, I found out that a music teacher in the county was leaving mid-term (early retirement). Some of my wonderful friends at Windy Gap encouraged me to apply, so I got up my courage to ask for the opportunity to interview and got my chance.

Unfortunately, I must not have said the right things because I didn't get the position. About three weeks after my interview, I got "the letter" stating that the position had been filled, they would hold my application for a year, blah, blah, blah. That letter promptly went into the trash.

So - as the title states, "stick a fork in me, I'm done!" After three years of trying and failing, I've gotten the message that it won't happen for me. Actually, I'm okay with this as I really truly enjoy what I do and love where I am! The money of a teaching position would have been lovely, not to mention teaching a subject I love, but I would've had to go to three different schools, learn all the kids, etc., and while I feel I'm capable of doing that, I'm fine where I am. I'll never get rich, but that's okay too!

Lucky for you, you won't have to read any more posts about how I wished I had done all this a long time ago. I'm fine, I'm done, I'll stay where I am as long as I can - it's finished!!! Over! Kaput! Done! (you get the message)

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind the posts about your quest for a teaching job at all; I think it's great that you've been working at getting your dream job. It doesn't hurt to keep trying, though-- maybe THEY will get the message and hire you for that position! Who knows, the next attempt might do it. In any event, it's wonderful that you are doing something you enjoy.
    Love,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete